Our 2018 Mentoring Programme is now open for applications.
The programme supports two of FITT’s primary objectives:
|1||To inspire women in the industry to achieve their personal aspirations and potential|
|2||To assist women to broaden their understanding of the ICT industry|
The FITT National Programme is open to women in ICT who are individual FITT members and to women who work for FITT corporate members.
Mentees should be women with between 1 & 15 years' experience in ICT. They should be personally motivated to commit to the programme and be able to manage work, family and study commitments.
- 9 months One to One Mentoring
- 5 additional FITT Mentoring Workforce e-workshops with Rob Dear
- Communication | May
- Managing Conflict | June
- Influencing | July
- Understanding Politics | August
- Career Path | September
- Access to our FitT Networking Events including November Graduation Ceremony Event
Programme Cost: $990.00 incl GST
- Exposure to different industries and work styles other than your employer or manager
- Ability to work on specific areas or goals for improvement
- Networking with other mentees
- Learn from more experienced leaders
The role of Mentor is open to all individuals in ICT who are individual FITT members, and to individuals who work for FITT corporate members. Individuals can self-nominate to be a mentor.
Mentors should be individuals with 12 or more years work experience in ICT and have specific expertise or knowledge in the areas of ICT, career development or leadership skills.
- Give something back to those in the industry
- Networking with other mentors
- Share your knowledge and experience
- Support and encourage women in IT
- Develop your coaching and mentoring skills and learn from others • Strengthen your own profile
Friday 15th December
Friday 2nd February
Friday 23rd February
PROGRAMME TRAINING DATES
Tuesday 13th March,
Wednesday 14th March,
Tuesday 20th March,
Wednesday 21st March,
Monday 26th March,
Tuesday 27th March,
Brisbane - Thursday, 15th March
Melbourne - Thursday, 22nd March
Sydney - Wednesday, 28th March
Week of November 12th
*to be confirmed, further details to follow
Complete and submit application forms
"Having been afforded the opportunity to put my experience back into such a worthy initiative; it was made so much more satisfying having a mentee who was always willing to absorb and put into practise the advice I was able to impart.
What I found particularly pleasing to observe was how my mentee continually picked up the proverbial bouncing balls from our mentor/mentee sessions, and on her own volition used these to score so many personal goals which I have no doubt will hold her in good stead as she climbs up the corporate ladder."
- STEVE NOVIS, CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER - TRANSPORT FOR NSW
"My mentor, Steve, showed me immense Kindness, dedicated Time to Guide me with Practical Advice and did not hesitate to tell me the Truth constructively.
Within 4 months of mentorship, I've moved from a stagnant situation into a challenging and highly visible position. Steve helped unlock the courage and potential I already had within me! "
- SCHERYL YEOH, PROJECT MANAGER - MOTOROLA
"I was part of the FITT mentoring program last year as a mentee and I am thankful to TfNSW to nominate me for the program. The program was an amazing platform provided to discuss my fears and aspirations in a very safe environment and assess the possibilities with my mentor.
I am thankful to Kristan for understanding my requirements well and assigning me an amazing mentor, with whom I still continue to interact."
- RUCHI VIRMANI, BESPOKE APPLICATIONS MANAGER - TRANSPORT FOR NSW
"I was privileged to be Ruchi's mentor for 2017. Our sessions were filled with discussions on interesting topics. Ruchi has shown immense confidence and interest in making a positive difference. She has grasped key concepts and is able to display these lessons in her career. I am absolutely proud of her, and truly believe that she will continue to be successful in the years to come. "
- MELANIE NAIDOO, SENIOR PRODUCT PORTFOLIO MANAGER - INTERNET SOLUTIONS