FITT's 2017 National Mentoring Programme
Details of the 2017 mentoring programme will be available shortly.
FITT has always been keen to create connections for our Membership. We believe our current National mentoring programme, which has been running since 2007, is a fantastic way to create great connections, support each other and share valuable knowledge.
FITT would like to thank and acknowledge Cliftons for making their training spaces available to the mentoring programme since 2012.
The National Mentoring program uses 2 approaches to provide mentors for Women in ICT:
- Traditional one-on-one mentoring – suitable for women with between 1 & 15 years of work experience in ICT
- Mentoring Circles – the Circles are designed for more experienced women (+20 years) and cater to more experienced participants to share knowledge and experience with other similar women.
Our mentoring programmes support two of FITT’s primary objectives:
1. Inspire women in the industry to achieve their personal aspirations and potential AND
2. Assist women to broaden their understanding of the ICT industry.
For the Early Bird Rate of $900, the FITT Mentoring Programme is a structured 9 month programme and includes:
- Mentor and Mentee Networking & training evenings
- Facilitated Launch and Close events
- Our proven and highly successful matching process
- Ongoing Support when needed to resolve issues or concerns
- Mid Point reviews
Mentee – Selection Criteria
The FITT National Programme is open to women in ICT who are individual FITT members and to women who work for FITT corporate members.
Mentees should be women with between 1 & 15 years’ experience in ICT, or 20+ years for Circle participation. They should be personally motivated to commit to the programme and be able to manage work, family and study commitments. A limited number of places are available for women to participate in a Mentoring Circle.
Benefits to Mentees:
- Profile and detailed report to give you insight into your style
- Exposure to different industries, work styles other than your employer or manager
- Ability to work on specific area or goal for improvement • Networking with other mentees
- Learn from more experience leaders
Mentor Selection Criteria
The role of Mentor is open to all individuals in ICT who are individual FITT members, and to individuals who work for FITT corporate members. Individuals can self nominate to be a mentor.
Mentors should be individuals with 12 or more years work experience in ICT and have specific expertise or knowledge in the areas of ICT, career development or leadership skills.
Benefits to Mentors:
- Give something back to those in the industry
- Networking with other mentors
- Share your knowledge and experience
- Support and encourage women in IT
- Learn from others
Mandatory Training & Programme Launch sessions
NB - other locations available based upon demand. Please request via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more specific information about the 2017 programme, email your questions to email@example.com
FITT Executive Profiles
Please browse through our fantastic list of FITT Executive Profiles and be inspired by their wonderful achievements CLICK HERE
FITT will be introducing a new FITT Blog as part of our 2017 activities. Stay tuned for more information to follow soon. If you would like to contribute to the FITT Blog, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org