Location: Sydney (Macquarie Park HQ), Australia
Company: Singtel Group
So, Why Optus?
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us – we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentless improving every day, we’re creating a better tomorrow for all Australians.
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
About the role
As a Senior Business Development Manager, your role will be to effectively grow the company’s market share through the development, implementation and maximisation of enterprise sized acquisition sales opportunities for Optus Enterprise. You will be responsible for forming and leading a virtual team from the resources cross-company, including partners, and managing the sales opportunity process from end to end. As an SBDM, you will thrive operating in a high risk/high reward model as a customer facing owner for large deal pursuit, assists and coaches Demand generation of Acquisition and Whole of Business opportunities.
Your key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Delivery against both sales and customer experience targets, which includes developing and implementing account sales strategy and programs
- Developing and implementing customer growth and acquisition strategies and programs through identifying customer needs, spend profile and opportunities
- Maintaining consistently high sales activity levels to generate an effective qualified and pursuit opportunity pipeline
- Effective cross-collaboration and relationship development with other functional groups across Optus and Optus Enterprise, including Marketing, Networks and Customer Service/Operations
- Increasing market share in primarily core carriage as well as ICT, security, professional services, annuity and Cloud
- Building an overarching deal strategy and tactics to improve the commercial outcome for Optus by negotiating extended term, broader scope and higher margin outcomes
You are a highly experienced and commercially minded sales professional with extensive domestic experience negotiating and closing highly complex Carriage and ICT deals. Ideally you will also bring the following skills and experience:
- At least 10 years’ experience in a relationship/strategic selling preferably in Telecommunications & ICT solutions, including managing key technical relationships and consultative experience in developing long-term business relationships and strategic business plans
- Comprehensive planning and administration skills
- Superior influencing skills and ability to enlist senior support for targeted outcomes
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and effective listening skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing environments of both the marketplace and of Optus
- Strong team building, motivational and cross-collaboration skills to pull together and synthesise disparate stakeholder groups to achieve win-win outcomes
Sound like you? If it does, we’d love to hear from you.
As a provider of essential services across Australia, Optus has a critical role in the community through keeping our customers connected to the people they love and the things that matter. It is also our priority to ensure we provide our amazing people and our customers with a healthy and safe workplace environment. In light of the significant risks posed by COVID-19, Optus expects all workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 1st December 2021, and will require vaccination for certain roles as well as access to Optus workplaces. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this policy or how it impacts you, including any concerns you might have about meeting this requirement.
Working at Optus will provide you with a range of benefits that will enrich your personal and professional life. With features such as a range on on-site Health and Wellbeing specialists, financial advisers, company discounts and childcare services, we ensure that we provide you with a safe and productive work environment.
Head on over to http://www.optus.com.au/about/careers to find out more about what it’s like working with Optus.
Curious about our culture? Go behind the scenes with our people by searching #OptusLife (www.linkedin.com/feed/hashtag/optuslife/) on LinkedIn
If you are interested in this opportunity