Location: Macquarie Park, Australia
DSpark (a Singtel Group company) was created from a vision to provide powerful insights and advanced analytics capabilities to businesses and government agencies in Australia to help transform the rich and unique repository of spatial temporal data, such as those coming from telecommunication networks, into business value and social impact.
Our data science products such as Mobility Genome™ and Mobility Intelligence Platform, along with our advanced analytics services strive to be trustworthy and relevant to our clients while adhering to the highest standards of data privacy.
We are looking for an Associate Director, Products to join us to build robust data platforms and applications that incorporate data science and machine learning algorithms and models to solve problems in transportation, urban planning, real time crowd management, retail intelligence and Telco network management to name a few. This is a great opportunity to lead the build of software products that encompass advanced algorithms with one of Australia’s largest datasets.
You will join a growing team of highly motivated and capable individuals who aspire to create deep insights and to productise those insights to deliver maximal business growth. You will gain from the combined decades of Data Science experience around you to develop your expertise and your career in the field. Our team are data enthusiasts with a collaborative ethos who love to share knowledge and want to do pioneering with you out on the cutting edge.
Build and maintain product roadmap to create value for users and grow the product features, activities include but not limited to
- Engage regularly with Sales and Delivery teams to understand current and anticipated needs of customers across different geographies and industries
- Analyse product feature requests and uncover deeper customer needs to develop personas and user stories that communicate requirements and shape product development
- Prioritise product features and enhancements balancing customer demand and potential commercial value, with available resources
- Develop Product Marketing deck for commercial pitch
- Practice and operate in a start up environment using and evolving a product development methodology
- Work closely with Product Team comprising Data Scientists and Engineers to complete the feature user stories and ensure that product release plans are executed efficiently, on time and on budg
- Organise, communicate and coordinate the work to be done by the Product team in each sprint, using Scrum methodologies
- Review product features developed against acceptance criteria, and evaluate whether features are ready for release
- Hands-on analysing data and methodology with Data Scientist and Data Engineer and determine the appropriate next course of design directions
- Collaborate and advise Sales and Delivery teams on product technical information and release plans
- Be the gate keeper of Data Quality. Debug and identify data issues and work with internal and external groups to solve the issues
- Work closely with key stakeholders in consulting and service engineering to identify, troubleshoot and find solutions to product implementation obstacles
- Manage product implementation bugs feedback loop
- Assist in driving user adoption, build and monitor customer success reporting measurement
- Train and working with customers to get product feedback and suggest workarounds
We offer all kinds of benefits, such as:
- Work collaboratively in a start up environment backed by a strong and powerful shareholder, the Singtel Group
- Discounts with over 400 companies Australia wide (Technology, Retail, Home, Fashion and more!)
- Mobile and Broadband staff discounts
- Onsite facilities at Macquarie Park such as a Gym, GP, Mini-Mart, Cafes
- Training, Mentoring and further learning opportunities
- Staff buses to Epping and Wynyard, and back again
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in product management, software development, or business analysis for software or analytics products
- Proven leadership experience in aligning and mobilising team members towards achieving a common goal
- Demonstrated intuition for understanding customer needs from different perspectives, and ability translate needs into product requirements
- Multi-skilled, curious and eager to learn a spectrum of hard and soft skills, including data analytics, software development, design thinking, project management, leadership, communication, market strategy
- Ability to think strategically (big picture, long term) and tactically (detailed, short term), and to align both perspectives
- Excellent organizational skills, and proven ability to analyse, prioritise and align numerous workstreams, customer requests and priorities towards a coherent, elegant solution
- Demonstrated clear and thorough logical and analytical thinking, as well as problem solving skills
- Superior and proactive communications skills, including verbal, written, and presentation
- A proven team player and contributor
- Self-directed, ability to work independently and research innovative solutions to business problems
At DSpark, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us – we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re working to create a better tomorrow for all Australians. We are a fast growing Singtel business operating in 5 Asia Pacific market, our Australia DSpark team is growing fast, and we need great people to help us grow.
Due to the fast-paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!
At DSpark, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us – we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re working to create a better tomorrow for all Australians.
If you are interested in this opportunity