Ericsson is the world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Our Site Engineers are influential in delivering our vision into reality through planning and optional use of technology.
As an electrical coordinator you will assess electrical designs to identify scope of work for electrical installations and manage communications with electrical subcontractors for quoting, technical clarifications and quality verification purposes. The role is also to be the single point of contact for clarification of technical standards related to electrical and earthing installations.
This role will can be based in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane. The position will need to work with various technicians and projects leads to run projects successfully. You will also deal with external stakeholders such as vendors and power supply bodies. You will be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines on a regular basis. Your strong communication and stakeholder management skills will help you navigate well in this role.
To be successful in the role the following skills and experience will be required.
- Relevant telecommunications industry experience with a focus on electrical work
- Demonstrated understanding of electrical aspects of Radio Access Networks
- Ability to read and interpret technical construction and site installation drawings.
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret electrical installation drawings, circuit diagrams, single line diagrams
- Experience and detailed working knowledge of AS/NZS 3000
- Working experience of single and 3 phase, AC and DC installations in telecommunications context
- Knowledge of earthing, electrical bonding and lightning protection systems
- Experienced in dealing with power supply authorities
- Ability to manage suppliers and process orders and payments
- Experience with working on live networks
- Good work life balance and the opportunity to work on exciting projects, no two days will be the same.
- A very collaborative team who work under a good leadership team
- The organisation is very supportive of Diversity and empowering employees to do their best
- Opportunity to challenge and grow in your career.
Why Ericsson and What We offer?
We offer a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles – sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia and New Zealand, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia’s largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers, including Telstra, Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA), Telecom New Zealand and NBN. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation, whilst providing yourself with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.