Head of Deployment Unit Manager
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility.
Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
The Head of Deployment Unit Manager leads a team of Implementation Managers (IM) that are responsible for operational delivery of key RAN and Transmission site deliverables (SAED Completion, Site on Air / In Service, Acceptance). The IM team interfaces directly with our customers and they must work very closely with the Project Management, Engineering and Fields Teams to ensure a successful outcome.
The role reports to the Australia and New Zealand’s Head of Build and Optimise Service Delivery unit.
In this role, you will:
* Ensure delivery of related project milestones via the team of Implementation Managers.
* Contribute and support services sales with a focus on accurate scope, cost definition and risk management.
* Ensure the capability forecast dimensioning is according to the business requirements
* Recruitment, development, talent, and performance management of Implementation Managers across different projects.
* Create a productive work environment for their team and functional area.
* Manage key internal stakeholders on project, program, and organisational performance.
* Apply global service delivery strategy
* Apply service delivery process and models
* Drive efficiencies and continuous improvements including automation.
* Support governance of the project portfolio
* Manage unit finances
Position Qualifications & Experience
* Strong Telecom Industry experience with at least 5 years in a leadership position.
* A strong understanding of large scale, high volume RAN projects delivery.
* Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts when liaising with project teams, business stakeholders and senior management
* Ability to work in a matrix organisation and a complex operating environment.
* Outcome focussed working with people – coach, develop and build the team’s performance.
* Strong business and financial acumen.
* Innovation skills – push ideas and create differentiators.
* Management of change projects to implement new ways of working.
* Strong analytical skills.
This Role Offers:
* An opportunity to be part of a successful Telecommunications company and work in an exciting and fast paced environment.
* A collaborative, high performance team environment that operates under a strong, supportive local leadership team.
* An organisation that values diversity, empowerment, and people development
* Opportunity to challenge and further grow in your career
* Work life balance through flexible working arrangements
This position will be based at our Docklands Office, VIC.
Ericsson offers a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia’s largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
Follow us social media – LinkedIn Twitter Facebook YouTube
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities.
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies