Location: Sydney (Macquarie Park HQ), Australia
Company: Singtel Group
Optus is focused on our commitment to being Australia’s most loved everyday brand by building unique lasting customer connections and experiences. We’re excited to take our customers on our journey to being digital everywhere and ensuring our customers can connect with us when it suits them.
Newly Created Senior Leadership Opportunity
Reporting to the VP, IT; a rare and brand-new opportunity is available to lead a team of up to 30 people across our national and cyber security functions. With accountability for maintaining appropriate operational controls to ensure the security of Optus’ network, the role will also provide strategic advice to key Optus and Singtel senior leadership teams on security matters. Your ability to influence and manage internal and external relationships will prove critical to success, as you will also help drive key industry representative work for Optus, such as representation on industry working groups or panels.
Key responsibilities include:
- lead, integrate and manage our existing national security and cyber security functions and continue to build new capabilities to manage security requirements across Optus
- design both policy and operational responses to comply with the new govt regulated regime, and integrate these into Optus and Group policies, procedures and practices
- build new and deepen existing relationships with Government security agencies and counterparts in other key telco’s and sectors
- provide expert advice and guidance to our Executive Leadership Team about policies, practices and procedures and national and cyber security policies and compliance
- implementing best practice security controls, monitoring, reporting and governance strategies in conjunction with Optus and Singtel’s security policies
- demonstrated ability to shape industry policy and thinking on key security matters
Ideal background required:
- detailed knowledge of the security threat environment in Australia is required together with experience working on cyber or national security roles, ideally within large critical infrastructure organisations
- proven experience successfully leading large and high performing teams within a dynamic environment
- understanding of cyber related technologies so as to provide guidance to technical teams and the organisation
- strong stakeholder management and influencing ability to those both internal and external to Optus with the ability to provide thought leadership on cyber security matters
- the ability to evaluate competing perspectives and views, and come to an on-balance recommendation/decision
- excellent communication and presentation skills at the senior leadership level
So, Why Optus?
We see ourselves leading Australia in outstanding customer experience. In striving to achieve this, five core values guide us. These are: customer service, our challenger spirit, teamwork, integrity and personal excellence. We’ve put a lot of investment behind innovation and would love to work with people who provide ideas that differentiate, disrupt and deliver amazing services for our customers.
To express interest in this brilliant opportunity, please apply online and include a Covering Letter along with your CV today.
Optus is a place where we let you do you. Whether you’ll be working in our corporate offices or in a retail store, we are a highly collaborative workplace, and offer a range of perks such as:
- A competitive salary
- Discounts on products and services
- Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
- Up to five days of Volunteer Leave per year
- Flexible work options
We understand that flexibility means different things to different people. We are proud to offer a variety of options to work in different ways, such as flexible hours, partial remote working, job share and part-time. Please talk to us about how we can make this role work for you. Our flexible hybrid remote model lets our people work across home and one of our offices across Australia.
Curious about our culture? Go behind the scenes with our people by searching
#OptusLife on LinkedIn.
Please no recruitment agencies, we’ll be managing this role in-house. Any resumes submitted outside of our process will be deemed the sole property of Optus.
If you are interested in this opportunity