Location: Sydney, Australia
Functional Area: Digital Services – Cloud
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Travel: up to 10%
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you’re welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
Ericsson Australia is growing! As a result, we are now looking for a Program Director that will demonstrate experience leading technical teams and may also have led teams through a digitization process, including the replacement of legacy tools and complex manual processes in NFVi. You will also demonstrate an extensive set of business and technical skills, including a proven practice of customer facing, presentations, engagements and consultative skills.
In this role, you will also need experience in engaging customers as a Core 3 member of account team from pre-sales through the implementation and conclusion stages of the project. You will be able to work both in Pre-sales and Delivery, being responsible for cost estimation and delivery strategy. Additionally, you will have experience building strong partner relationships and driving up sales opportunities.
In this role, you would:
- Take ownership of the Project Delivery of NFVi and Cloud network
- Develop the project and program management subject area within the Ericsson cloud team, focused on delivering improved process, methods and tools to optimize NFVI delivery
- Support the Head of Services organization in Program Delivery for the customer
- Check technical and business conformance of the project towards the Customers’ requirements and validating the specifications
- Build robust Customer Relationships at Program level (IT, Engineering, Marketing, Finance etc.)
- Ensure the project is tightly planned and resourced and maintain financials, budget/Cost of Sales, Risks/Issues over time as changes arise
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external partners
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Education: Bachelor’s in software engineering or Computer Science (MBA a plus)
- Demonstrated ability in Program Management or equivalent role for a minimum of 8-10 years
- Adept experience of delivery of Cloud and Network Virtualization (ECEE / NFVI / VmWare)
- 10 + years of experience, from within the Telco/Systems Integration Industry (consulting or Systems Integration) on driving IT SI transformation programs or projects of high complexity
- Must have proven track record in leading IT / Telco type of Integration Engagements, at least 8-10 years of experience leading complex SI-Projects/Programs
- Well proven ability to transform customer requirements and expectations at a high level into a solution that Ericsson can realize as a customer engagement
- Excellent leadership abilities proven through line manager or other comparable positions
What’s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
Every year, more than 10 000 organizations from over 60 countries partner with the Great Place to Work® Institute for assessment, benchmarking and planning actions to strengthen their workplace culture. Great Place to Work® Institute’s methodology is recognized as rigorous and objective and is considered as the gold standard for defining great workplaces across business, academia and government organizations. Ericsson Australia has been Great Place to Work Certified™ in 2020.
Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women! See our benefits and policies here:https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity