Juniper Networks has an immediate opening for a team-oriented, highly effective and motivated leader to be part of a regionally focused pre-sales System Engineering Team. This position reports to the Director of Systems Engineering and is based in Sydney.
The primary role of a Systems Engineering Manager is to provide leadership and guidance to the pre-sales Systems Engineering team. The System Engineering Team is a critical contributor to the sales team and is required to provide technical sales and solutions based on the Juniper product portfolio and related industry partners. The Systems Engineering Manager is responsible for overseeing pre-sales activities with customers and partners together with staff mentoring and coaching.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years general networking industry experience, including a practicing knowledge in one or more of the following: Routing, Switching, Security, MPLS and MPLS VPNs, Edge CoS, and general exposure to IETF drafts and standards.
- Thorough understanding of the pre-sales engineering process and sales processes. Experience providing pre-sales to a range of verticals, enterprise and service provider customers.
- People management experience leading technical sales teams
- Juniper certifications such as JNCIE and JNCIA are strongly desirable.
- Equivalent knowledge of, and experience with other vendor’s equipment will be considered.
- Demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision-makers.