Juniper Networks has an immediate opening for a team-oriented, highly effective and motivated Technical Sales Engineer to be part of the Service Provider System Engineering Team in Australia, based in Sydney. This position reports to the Systems Engineering Manager for Northern Australia. The primary responsibility of this role is to develop opportunities and drive sales of Juniper products and solutions into Service Provider accounts.
- Augment the Service Provider account teams with architecture and solution consulting to customers, focusing on L2 & L3 Juniper Solutions for fixed and mobile networks
- Develop a trusted partner relationship with customers that fosters a long term business relationship
- Communicate key issues and advise customers on short-and long-term product directions
- Understand and influence customer requirements and translate them into Juniper Solutions
- Understand and deliver presentations to promote Juniper’s products and solutions to customers and partners, as well as presenting at seminars
- Work closely with customers, industry forums and product managers to scope and develop Service Provider solutions and corresponding business cases
- Understand competitors’ products and services
- Develop processes and systems to provide quick yet thorough responses to customer Requests For Proposal.
- Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions.
- Creates detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions and provides consultation to prospective users.
- Candidates should possess a proficient understanding of the pre-sales engineering process and the sales processes applied to large service provider accounts.
- Must have demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision-makers.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Maintains a strong network of relationships outside own area of expertise.
- Focuses on networking opportunities likely to be of considerable strategic or long-term value.
- Helps set sales strategy at the account / deal level.
- Strengthens existing customer relationships to become a trusted advisor.
- Supports road shows, press and analyst briefings.
- Provides technical leadership for specific accounts/opportunities and may provide hands-on expertise for customer demonstrations or trials.
Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead). Responsible for assembling appropriate technical resource to meet assigned customer requirements.
Typically requires 10+ years of related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Juniper and industry-based service provider products and solutions.
- A working knowledge of advanced service provider solutions and architectures is preferred including: Automation, Virtualisation, Openstack, network convergence, SDN, SD-WAN.
- The candidate must have technical-sales experience working with Account Executives and have a strong background in selling complex service provider solutions to meet customer business needs.
- Relevant Juniper certifications or other industry certificates are beneficial.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in engineering or computer science is mandatory.
- Ideally the candidate will have advanced knowledge across Juniper products including MX, QFX, and JUNOS platforms.
- Equivalent knowledge of, and experience with other vendor’s equipment will be considered, as will be recognised, non-Juniper certifications.
- The candidate will support large service provider customers and must demonstrate extensive experience in designing and selling complex solutions into these segments.