Reporting Into: FitT Management Committee (MC) – Community Engagement
Location: Melbourne / Sydney
Period: 2 years (2-4 hours/week, seasonally)
Direct Reports: Volunteer Sub Committee
FitT (Females in IT and Telecommunications) is a not-for-profit network whose purpose is to inspire women to achieve their career aspirations and potential at all levels and disciplines within ICT, by facilitating peer networking and support through our programs.
FitT Key Objectives
* Creating a voice for women in ICT by partnering with industry leaders in IT and Telecoms to drive the gender diversity agenda in Australia.
* Complementing existing corporate programs by offering organisations services such as professional mentoring, education and diversity statistics and data about how to retain and grow their female workforce.
* Empowering individuals to achieve their career aspirations through regular webinars and events from leading experts and student outreach programs
* Expanding the FitT network by increasing Corporate and individual subscribers as well as increasing our online influence through social media channel
Reporting into MC, Community Engagement, the primary responsibility of Social Media Manager is to grow digital engagement of FitT members through social and digital channels and ultimately increase the FitT membership base.
* Contribute to the ongoing development of the organisation’s content and digital strategy, with special focus on social media
* Produce and re-purpose high-quality content for all key audience groups, incorporating best-practices for digital use;
* Use digital and traditional channels to optimise audience engagement;
* Monitor and report on performance of all content using analytics;
* Provide recommendations to optimise content performance.
* Support the MC – Operations with adhoc duties and projects
* Be an active member of the FitT community, which entails regular reporting to MC – Operations and FitT
* Ensure accountability for actions, sound governance practices and metric reporting to assist FitT with achieving its goals and outcomes.
Key Skills and Competencies
* Experience in a digital, marketing or communications environment
* Have a strong understanding of website technology, social media platforms and digital analytics
* Creative flair and eagerness to learn
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
* Highly personable, well presented and works with a highly professional demeanor
* Able to have strategic discussions with senior stakeholders and execute on tactical activities
* Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
* Understanding/awareness of the topic of gender diversity and associated obstacles
* Willingness and capacity to contribute actively to a voluntary group
* Energy to promote the vision of FitT
* Ability to clearly articulate ideas within group and to external parties
* Passion for technology, creativity to cultivate new ideas
* Organised and detail oriented
* Self-motivated team player who takes accountability to deliver results
All newly appointed Team Members will be subject to a four month probationary period.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org